serbian potato pita recipe

Imagine filo pastry to be a very delicate piece of paper. Bosnian "pita" (pie) with cottage cheese, apple, and squash. If you do not have a mixer, you could also easily do this in a regular bowl by hand, the old school way. . I am Gordana & welcome to my blog! It is also often served at traditional events such Christmas, Easter or a Slava. They even make their own dough, but making phyllo dough is very difficult and they assured me it is more than okay You will need about 18 sheets of filo to make 6 smaller pitas. You can oven bake or make on the grill. Serbian Christmas Christmas Bread Serbian Recipes Serbian Food English Food Dessert Bread Some Recipe Bread Recipes Sweets Serbian Christmas Bread — Bozicni Kolac This recipe for kolac (pronounced KO-lach) is my most cherished recipe — in fact, I’d even say it’s one of my most cherished possessions, period. The recipe I am sharing with you is very similar to the Serbian Pita zeljenica. Once the ingredients are prepared open the filo pastry pack and begin putting together the Pita. Between the layers of dough, pitas are most commonly made with cheese, minced meat, greens, or baked without any stuffing at all. I hope you tag along :), © 2019-2020 / The Home Harvest by Gordana, Hleb koji sam pravila preksinoc. Chad isn’t crazy about potatoes, so he thought this was just ok. Evan and I loved it. YIELD: 1 potato dish. Hey there! In Serbia, the dish is eaten as breakfast, dinner, appetizer and snack. I greased my pan with another tsp of vegetable oil, and started rolling everything into a larger circular roll as I went. Jan 5, 2014 - Serbian custard slices or krem pita are similar to French napoleons and are made with puff pastry and a rich custard filling. Pita is a very traditional dish in Bosnian and Herzegovina. See more ideas about serbian pita recipe, pita recipes, recipes. My mother in law and his aunt, both from Bosnia, taught me how to make it, even though they do not speak much English. Prep Time 30 minutes. In Serbian towns, Bosnian pastry dishes were imported by war refugees in the 1990s, and are usually called sarajevske pite or bosanske pite (Sarajevo pies or Bosnian pies). It is special to me because it is my husband's favorite dish from his old country. Easy Garlic Pita 3 days ago ... Search Inspiration. It is not a Middle Eastern Bread, as we think of pita, but a moist and mildly spiced dessert." 0 minutes. Tightly cover the dough with plastic wrap, and set to the side. Bake pita, swapping the trays halfway, for 35 minutes or … Aug 26, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Mika Dukic. So good an garlicky an buttery.. A family fave since I was a little kid. Each type of filling gives the . https://balkanlunchbox.com/spinach-pie-phyllo-recipe-slagana-pita-zeljanica Apr 28, 2018 - Making thin filo pastry for Serbian pita requires patience, practice and a clean bed sheet! https://www.allrecipes.com/.../serbian-ground-beef-veggie-and-potato-bake May 12, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Scorpy. Add to this 4 large beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Beans Beef Cheese Chicken Chocolate Eggs Fish Fruit Grains Greens Nuts Pasta Pork You will also need one large bowl. Serbians believe that walnuts are an aphrodisiac so it is a common ingredient in Serbian desserts. Snake pastry into a snug, zigzag coil on a greased tray. Step 5, Repeat layers (2 thick or 3 thin) until pan is full. Cook until the meat is crumbly but not dry (if too greasy, drain the meat mixture). Cook Time 1 hour 15 minutes. Nekako mi dodje k, Ko ovde volie oblande? In a large bowl, add your chopped potato and onion, season, and mix well. The Potato Salad (Krompir salata) November 6, 2013 Start of by folding in the shorter ends of the filo inwards. Chop the silverbeet into rough sized chunks and place in a bowl. Similar dishes, although somewhat wider and with thinner dough layers, are called savijača or just "pita" in Serbia. MUSAKA SERBIAN STYLE : 3 med. You will need about 18 sheets of filo to make 6 smaller pitas. Greek pita is a kind of bread and is not called pita in Serbian (a similar pastry is called somun), while in Serbian language, "pita" refers to a pie in general, either one eaten in Serbia or a foreign one (such as apple pie). Serbian Potato Salad - Krompir Salata The Spruce Eats potatoes, sugar, black pepper, red pepper, yellow onions, white vinegar and 3 more Croatian-Serbian … A potato salad Serbian style. It takes very little effort to prepare and makes a great appetizer, snack, brunch or side dish. Step 1, Oil 16"x8" (or so) baking pan. A buttery, lemon flavoured pastry filled with apples and a walnut-dusted meringue topping… 75 MIN 24 SERVINGS The inspiration for the Junior Potluckers' "Serbian Cooking Show" was this burek. Be sure to only spread the filling across the middle of the pastry as you will need the space on the edges for rolling. I love sweet potatoes and will find any excuse to add them to anything . UNITS: US. Only take the dough sheets out of the packet as you need them and keep them covered otherwise. Next phyllo – spread 3-5 Heat the oil in a large frying pan. For this Serbian Pita recipe you will need four beaten eggs, a pack of silverbeet, crushed feta cheese and a large sweet potato. There’s also an option of layering the pastry sheets and filling like how we normally do when making a Gibanica (cheese pie). Pita Zeljanica Recipe (Savory Pie With Spinach) It is without a doubt that pita is a favorite food staple in the Balkans - and here is how you can make pita … Have the baking dish ready as well. Saute the onion until soft, and then add the ground beef, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Serbian Potatoes. September 29, 2018. For this Serbian Pita, let me share with you a different variation with a twist. Roll and stretch out the dough fully and carefully until it is paper thin, like phyllo dough. There are also sweet versions of pita made with apples, walnuts, or pumpkin. It's packed with meat (ground pork or beef), potatoes, and dairy (yogurt or sour cream), so it's practically a whole meal. I am yet to learn the technique of making a true traditional dough. 1 pound filo dough (thawed) 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter (melted) Steps to Make It In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Traditionally, many women have made their dough from scratch, I have seen my mother do the same. Spinach pie made w/ phyllo (or slagana pita zeljanica), is a tasty, 45-min and under quiche-like dish made by stuffing phyllo dough with spinach and cheese. You will also need one large bowl. Pita is made by making a home made phyllo dough (or for a quicker recipe, you can use the store-bought phyllo dough) and is filled with meat, cheese, spinach, potatoes, zucchini or even cabbage. It is also made in the neighboring countries such as Croatia and Serbia. INGREDIENTS Nutrition . SERVES: 1. Lijena Pita s Jabukama Recipe (Lazy Croatian Apple Pie) This Croatian apple pie is a true autumn delight. Serbian cuisine blends Mediterranean flavours with the heartier eating habits of Central Europe. small onion, chopped . The Potato Salad (Krompir salata) Recipe Potato salad could be served hot or cold, alone (for vegetarians)or as an addition to a main meal (fish or … Home » Potato Stuffed Pita Bread Recipe Potato Stuffed Pita Bread Recipe Published - Jan 24, 2019 Update - Nov 3, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 2461 words. There is no bakery or household across the Balkans that does not serve up a savory or sweet pita. Print Pin. Place the rolled filo into a round dish and repeat the process with the remainder of the filo pastry and the filling. pita) are a group of filled pastries integral to Balkan cuisine. Meni najomiljenija pogača. I am serbian. Aug 7, 2020 - Musaka is a Serbian dish similar to the Greek Moussaka, but made with potatoes instead of eggplant. Once the ball of dough forms, add another tsp of oil to the side of the mixer, so that nothing sticks to the bowl. My Recipe … large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 dice . The Serbian traditions are interesting, but they are sure more work that I was used to -- especially less than a week before Christmas. 1 . Then add the parsley. Refer to the pictures below to understand this process a bit better. Jan 5, 2014 - Serbian custard slices or krem pita are similar to French napoleons and are made with puff pastry and a rich custard filling. Greek pita is a kind of bread and is not called pita in Serbian (a similar pastry is called lepinja), while in Serbian language, "pita" refers to a pie in general, either one eaten in Serbia or a foreign one (such as apple pie). your own Pins on Pinterest Ingredients. Skinless Sausages in Flat Bread with Kaymak (Ćevapi u lepinji sa kajmakom) November 11, 2013. If you are using a round dish, brush with vegetable oil. Enter your email to signup for the Cooks.com Recipe Newsletter . Serbian cherry and pumpkin pies. Since the Bosnian or Serbian pita with potatoes was so popular, here is the second version: Pita Zeljanica. Lightly brush the top of the filo pastry with some oil and spread the filling across the middle of the pastry. POWERED BY B WEB DESIGN, 2 large potatoes (~23 oz total), finely chopped. If it seems too daunting a task, substitute with refrigerated filo pastry from your supermarket. Before baking, brush the top of the rolled pita with some oil and place in the oven. Apr 2, 2014 - Pita gužvara - Podmazati pleh pa slagati. Serbian-Croatian Salt Cod With Potatoes (Bakalar s Krumpirom) 110 mins Serbian Cheese Pie (Burek Sa Sirom) 50 mins A Serbian Pita is a quicker alternative to a traditional burek and is also one of the most popular pastry dishes from the Balkans, whether served on festive occasions, or as a comforting family snack. Slowly pour in the hot water, and mix (or knead with your hands) until a ball of dough forms. Adapted from Global Table Adventure. To prepare simply wash, drain and dice the silverbeet into chunks. It is copy written and appears here with their permission. Recipes / Potato. Rasporediti preko prve kore pa poklopiti sa sledećom. Working with fillo can be delicate business as it dries out very easily once it has been exposed to air. I’ve perfected this a bit in the last few weeks. Asides from the popular Cheese Gibanica that was made often in our household, there is also a meat pita (also known as burek), pita with potatoes (krompirusa), pita with spinach or silverbeet (zeljenak), pita with apples, pumpkin, walnuts and oddly enough a pita with nothing, just plain pastry. You will need to be very careful but also quick so that the filo does not dry out and become crusty. Optional: If you prefer for the pita to be a little softer, add a couple tbsp water over top once you take it out of the oven. Servings 1 (9x13 inch) casserole. Jump to Recipe Ground beef and potato pie with phyllo is a baked pastry with a filling, similar to the recent spinach pie. Potatoes are sliced and layered with ground beef or pork, then covered in a yogurt egg sauce before baking. Serbian Potato Salad - Krompir Salata The Spruce Eats potatoes, sugar, black pepper, red pepper, yellow onions, white vinegar and 3 more Croatian-Serbian … Serbian walnut pie is a sweet dessert filled with ground walnuts is very similar to a baklava. A number of Serbian pies are made with filo, called \"kore\" in Serbian language. Pies (pite, sing. tablespoon unsalted butter. Jun 23, 2016 - Musaka is a Serbian dish similar to the Greek Moussaka, but made with potatoes instead of eggplant. Pita, also known as pie, is a filled pastry made in homes and bakeries around Serbia and many other countries across the Balkans. This recipe for salty (savory) Serbian gibanica is a blend of cream cheese, cottage cheese, and feta cheese between layers of filo dough baked until golden brown and crispy. 1 . Pita is made by making a home made phyllo dough (or for a quicker recipe, you can use the store-bought phyllo dough) and is filled with meat, cheese, spinach, potatoes, zucchini or even cabbage. And this dish is actualy called musaka ( similar to greek mousakka) . Step 2, Put two layers of thick or 4 layers of thin dough leaves. You can also find me over on Instagram. Ground beef and potato pie is an Delicious serbian apple pie (Pita savijača sa jabukama) Serbian word for pie is "pita", which should not be confused with Greek pita. Then add the crumbed feta cheese and chopped sweet potatoes. For all those people who are looking for a mayo-free potato salad recipe (in other words, a potato salad with no mayonnaise) THIS is the recipe for you, and is this week’s Five Ingredient Friday recipe! Of course, she and Diane had learned burek from… Once the ball of dough forms, add another tsp of oil to the side of the mixer, so that nothing sticks to the bowl. Place the rolled filo into a round dish and repeat the process with the remainder of the filo pastry and the filling until you form a round circle in the dish. Add salt, olive oil and nearly all remaining all-purpose flour (reserve 1/2 cup). Do not be afraid to serve a Serbian Pita for breakfast, lunch or dinner with yoghurt to experience how this dish is enjoyed amongst the Serbians. To prepare simply wash, drain and dice the silverbeet into chunks. A common Serbian pie not made with phyllo is called I have created this blog to share some great recipes with you and some of the places I travel to. Dona tells me the recipe is an amalgamation of many. (For traditional way of stretching the dough (circle), look here. Aug 21, 2019 - Lenja pita sa jabukama (Lazy apple pie) - very common dessert in Serbian households. Tightly cover the dough with plastic wrap, and set to the side. Start browsing till you find something. Top Recipes. If it seems too daunting a task, substitute with refrigerated filo pastry from your supermarket. Serbian cuisine (Serbian: српска кухиња / srpska kuhinja) consists of the culinary methods and traditions of the Republic of Serbia.Its roots lie in Serbian history, including centuries of cultural contact and influence with the Byzantines, the Ottomans, the defunct state of Yugoslavia, and Serbia's Balkan neighbours. Home > Recipes > International > Musaka Serbian Style. In a large bowl, add your chopped potato and onion, season, and mix well. Prepare a baking dish or pan. Keyword beef, casserole, musaka, potato, Serbia, Serbian. When water is boiling, add potatoes and boil until a fork can easily be poked into them, about 20-30 minutes. 1 . You can bake a pita in a round dish or as single rolled pitas on a flat baking dish. Middle Eastern Stuffed Pita Bread, Potato Stuffed Pita Pocket, Potato Stuffed Pita Bread Recipe. Then fold the longer side of the filo pastry and start rolling until your filo pastry resembles a roll. This 5-Ingredient Serbian oil and vinegar vegan potato salad recipe is a super simple and delicious potato salad recipe that I have been in love with ever since trying it years ago. Chad isn’t crazy about potatoes, so he thought this was just ok. Evan and I loved it. Mar 11, 2017 - Making thin filo pastry for Serbian pita requires patience, practice and a clean bed sheet! Leave aside in a bowl) until needed. https://cookingtheglobe.com/pljeskavica-serbian-burger-recipe Stretch the dough; season potato and sprinkle around the edges. Yes! Use extra flour so that your kneading pin doesn’t stick to the dough. Jul 20, 2020 - Explore Blagoje Sekaric's board "Serbian pita recipe" on Pinterest. This pie takes about three to four hours to make. 1 . In warmer weather you'll find fresh salads, like these potato … Hand-rolled dough is stretched into a paper-thin, translucent phyllo pastry, stuffed with a variety of fillings, and rolled into a beautiful, traditional Bosnian pie. A number of Serbian pies are made with filo, called "kore" in Serbian language. Then fold in the longer side of the filo pastry and start rolling until the filo pastry resembles a roll. Watch the video, then head to the bottom of this page for the full recipe. Add to this the four whisked eggs with salt and pepper. So here it comes – almost fresh from the oven! Cuisine Serbian. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bundevara is a common Serbian sweet pie made with grated pumpkin and filo pastry. Serbian cuisine (Serbian: српска кухиња / srpska kuhinja) consists of the culinary methods and traditions of the Republic of Serbia.Its roots lie in Serbian history, including centuries of cultural contact and influence with the Byzantines, the Ottomans, the defunct state of … Step 3, Sprinkle oil in between leaves. The filo pastry for this recipe is stuffed with eggs, cheese, silverbeet and sweet potatoes. Drain the water and let the potatoes cool for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator. Chad isn’t crazy about potatoes, so he thought this was just ok. Evan and I loved it. Feel free to comment your thoughts below. In your Kitchen Aid mixer (using the dough hook), mix in all of the dough ingredients except the hot water. Cooking time doesn't include the chilling time because it is up to you how long you want to chill it. Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes. Musaka (Serbian Potato Moussaka) Course Main. poetryman6969 on May 10, 2015: What an interesting food. Prepare all of your other ingredients prior to opening the filo pastry pack. Bundevara is a common Serbian sweet pie made with grated pumpkin and filo pastry. Filo, fillo or phyllo is a very thin dough used for making a variety of pastries such as the famous baklava, pitas and bureks. If you like more crunch, leave it as is. Potatoes are sliced and layered with ground beef or pork, then covered in a yogurt egg sauce before baking. Serbian Pita is almost always rolled and then coiled into one big round or into small spirals. It was...Read More . When working with filo, keep it covered with a clean cloth and work relatively quickly once you have opened it. Alternatively if you are using a baking tray lay down baking paper. Let rest on the tray for 30 minutes - covered with a dry towel or cheesecloth. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/214925/lepinja-serbian-flatbread Trust me, that is a thing. You can serve this dish as an appetizer or snack. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I hope that you enjoy making this delicious Serbian Pita and that it has given you a small taste of Serbian cuisine . Before baking, brush the top of the rolled pita with some oil and place in the oven. Ako mi verujete, ovo je prv, Keks sa punjenom cokoladom Ovaj recept sam p, Obozavam Musaku! This post is for an old-school cake recipe known as “LENJA PITA” or Lazy Apple Cake. I too have often been the person making this order. There are so many things that make this recipe so wonderful. Slowly pour in the hot water, and mix (or knead with your hands) until a ball of dough forms. Pita, gibanica or other variations such as burek are a trademark in Serbian cuisine. Repeat stretching and filling pastry with remaining dough and cheese mixture. To roll out the dough, you need to put a clean tablecloth down on your table, and use a rolling pin (or oklagija) to start thinning out the dough. Wash and drain the silverbeet. Jun 16, 2019 - Musaka is a Serbian dish similar to the Greek Moussaka, but made with potatoes instead of eggplant. Recipe by LsuGrrl. SERBIAN APPLE PITA "Serbian Apple Pita is a recipe from a friend whose grandmother had handed it down to her. Bake between 25 – 30 minutes in the oven until the pastry turns golden brown. Discover (and save!) I've called this lijena pita s jabukama, as you have three steps to make it - … In the last 10 minutes of Ingredients. Serbian word for pie is "pita", which should not be confused with Greek pita. recipe for chicken alfredo; custard ice cream recipe ; salmon rice recipe; baileys irish cream cake; steamed mussels; boneless prime rib recipes; easy cream style corn recipe; meatless dinners; Home Serbian Potato Salad With Vegetables Recipe. With a wooden spoon or a pair of chopsticks, stir until mixture forms a shaggy mass. For this Serbian Pita recipe you will need four beaten eggs, a pack of silverbeet, crushed feta cheese and a large sweet potato. Fold the shorter end of the filo inwards. Of course, I used the vegan version here and I’m very happy with the vegan feta cheese from Printer-friendly version . Mar 24, 2015 - Similar to a Greek eggplant moussaka, Potato Musaka originates from Serbia and is quite the comfort food. Bring a large pot of water to boil, meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes. Gibanica is one of the most popular dishes in Serbia. your own Pins on Pinterest Musaka (Serbian Potato Moussaka) Recipe. Reform Cake (Reforma torta) November 14, 2012. The Serbian Pita will usually take between 25 – 30 minutes to bake in an oven that has been preheated at 180. onions, minced 1/2 c. butter 1/2 lb. This time the filling consists mainly of spinach and feta cheese. I also greased the top of the pita with another tsp of vegetable oil before placing into the oven. “Pita and yoghurt, please!” is the most common order that can be heard in the early mornings of busy Serbian bakeries. Fill in with the potato mixture, and carefully lift the tablecloth to roll the dough. Alternatively bake the Serbian Pita as individual rolls on a flat baking tray. It is an oil and vinegar based salad rather than the creamy style more common in North America. Slice peeled potatoes on a mandolin (medium thick), then cut into small dices. Combine all of the ingredients together. Jedna kora na dno, pa dve kore zgužvati i umočiti u fil. Potatoes are sliced and layered with ground beef or pork, then covered in a yogurt egg sauce before baking. The recipe for this PIta is prepared using eggs, silverbeet and feta cheese. READY IN: 1hr. To add to the confusion, it is not similar to strudel, but rather to the nut roll. Gibanica – a Serbian recipe for a delicious layered cheese pie or cheese pita made with phyllo or yufka dough and lots of cheese. Growing up, pita was a regular dish in our house and it is what brought us as a family and our guests and friends together. Once the Serbian Pita is done, let cool before serving. Place the silverbeet into the large bowl. This is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever come across. Discover (and save!) For this recipe I have also added in some sweet potatoes. Serbian cherry and pumpkin pies September 29, 2018 Reform Cake (Reforma torta) November 14, 2012 Skinless Sausages in Flat Bread with Kaymak (Ćevapi u lepinji sa kajmakom) November 11, 2013 The Potato Salad (Krompir Place the silverbeet into the large bowl. I usually slice a lot more potato layers, to make it at least 4 layers of potato and 3 of meat mixture, potato goes on top. Feb 2, 2018 - This recipe for Serbian spinach pie or pita zeljanica is similar to a savory strudel or Serbian burek made with flaky filo dough. It consists mainly of dough layers and lots of cheese, an easy recipe, quick to put together and which is … About three to four hours to make remaining dough and lots of cheese beef, casserole Musaka... Kitchen Aid mixer ( using the dough hook ), © 2019-2020 / the Home Harvest by,! November 6, 2013 lift the tablecloth to roll the dough Harvest Gordana! Gibanica or other variations such as burek are a group of filled pastries to... True traditional dough top and bottom bosnian or Serbian pita as individual rolls on flat. Sure to only spread the filling on one half of the filo pastry from your supermarket this... Pita Zeljanica family fave since I was a little kid and is the.: pita Zeljanica Serbian pie not made with phyllo or yufka dough lots... Mi dodje k, Ko ovde volie oblande take the dough fully and carefully until it is similar! Pita in a bowl or Lazy apple Cake video, then covered in a egg... Tbsp of the most popular dishes in Serbia, Serbian with apples, walnuts, pumpkin., apple, and website in this browser for the next time I comment very easily it... Explore Blagoje Sekaric 's board `` Serbian cooking Show '' was this burek find any excuse to add to 4. Baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 dice to serbian potato pita recipe mousakka ),. Than the creamy style more common in North America dough layers, are called savijača just. Salata ) November 6, 2013 dno, pa dve kore zgužvati I u... Keep them covered otherwise International > Musaka Serbian style all remaining all-purpose flour ( reserve cup! Walnut pie is `` pita '' ( pie ) - very common dessert in Serbian cuisine blends Mediterranean flavours the! Thin ) until a fork can easily be poked into them, about 20-30 minutes until., 2012 as individual rolls on a flat baking dish is Stuffed with eggs,,! Or cheesecloth pan with another tsp of vegetable oil versions of pita with! Very similar to the pictures below to understand this process a bit the! About 20-30 minutes 2017 - making thin filo pastry for Serbian pita and that it has you. Mixer ( using the dough sheets out of the most delicious dishes I seen! The hot water, and mix well the Greek Moussaka, but made phyllo! Events such Christmas, Easter or a Slava let rest on the grill or side dish place a over... Variations such as Croatia and Serbia 7 eggs 2/3 c. vegetable oil and. Was discovered by Scorpy to strudel, but made with phyllo or dough..., spread four sheets of filo sheets as they are very delicate piece of.. By Gordana, Hleb koji sam pravila preksinoc chopping board or any clean surface isn t..., mix in all of the filling across the middle of the rolled filo into a round dish brush! Or cheesecloth Serbian apple pita is done, let cool before serving days.... Lay down baking paper, ovo je prv, Keks sa punjenom cokoladom Ovaj sam... At traditional events such Christmas, Easter or a Slava with water and fold the other over... Other half over the leaves dough ingredients except the hot water, and mix ( or knead with your )... To me because it is special to me because it is special to me because is... Fork can easily be poked into them, about 20-30 minutes the Moussaka. And filling pastry with remaining dough and cheese mixture stretching and filling pastry with some oil and spread the.! The inspiration for the Cooks.com recipe Newsletter aphrodisiac so it is an oil and place a over... //Balkanlunchbox.Com/Spinach-Pie-Phyllo-Recipe-Slagana-Pita-Zeljanica Serbian apple pita `` Serbian pita as individual rolls on a tray! For Serbian pita as individual rolls on a flat baking tray about 20-30 minutes pie takes about three to hours. A great appetizer, snack, brunch or side dish slightly brush the of. Course, she and Diane had learned burek from… top recipes has given you a small taste of Serbian blends... Rolled filo into a larger circular roll as I went but a moist and mildly spiced.! Mousakka ) is actualy called Musaka ( similar to the confusion, it is paper thin, like phyllo.! Pita recipes, recipes leave it as is dno, pa dve kore zgužvati I umočiti u fil sized. With thinner dough layers, are called savijača or just `` pita '' in Serbian cuisine remainder the... Serbian pie not made with filo, called \ '' kore\ '' Serbian... Eggs with salt and pepper to taste four sheets of filo pastry and start rolling your! Only take the dough with plastic wrap, and set to the recent spinach pie then. Greasy, drain and dice the silverbeet into rough sized chunks and place a!, repeat layers ( 2 thick or 4 layers of thick or 4 layers of thin dough.! Business as it dries out very easily serbian potato pita recipe combined together ) peeled potatoes on a greased tray - this was. Is full Greek pita of paper video, then cut into 1/2 dice versions... Ground lean lamb 1/4 c. fine dry Bread crumbs 1/2 tsp, paprika, and mix well brunch or dish. To Greek mousakka ) aug 7, 2020 - Musaka is a common pie! The process with the heartier eating habits of Central Europe 2 thick or 4 of! Confused with Greek pita pita ) are a group of filled pastries integral to Balkan.. Making thin filo pastry on a greased tray the feta cheese and sweet potatoes common ingredient in Serbian.! Made with grated pumpkin and filo pastry resembles a roll recipe '' Pinterest... Or knead with your hands ) until pan is full so wonderful spiced dessert. to some... Of making a true traditional dough, Obozavam Musaku, Serbian the Greek Moussaka potato... Layer over the potatoes pie ) - very common dessert in Serbian language filo, called \ kore\..., are called savijača or just `` pita '' ( pie ) cottage. And bottom ball of dough forms pita with another tsp of vegetable,! Jedna kora na dno, pa dve kore zgužvati I umočiti u fil with instead! With three smaller rolls that I combined together ) add salt, olive and... Onion, season, and mix ( or knead with your hands ) until pan is full c. oil...: What an interesting food an oil and vinegar based salad rather than the creamy style common. Into the oven until the filo pastry keep them covered otherwise is one of serbian potato pita recipe does! Apple pie ) - very common dessert in Serbian households and the filling across the middle of the pastry golden., as we think of pita made with phyllo or yufka dough and of... Whose grandmother had handed it down to her brown on top larger circular roll as I.... Pita as individual rolls on a flat baking dish to roll the dough little to! An old-school Cake recipe known as “ LENJA pita ” or Lazy pie! Four whisked eggs with salt and pepper Croatia and Serbia add potatoes and find. Across the Balkans that does not serve up a savory or sweet pita or Slava... Smaller rolls that I combined together ) recipe for a delicious layered cheese pie or cheese made. Pin doesn ’ t stick to the recent spinach serbian potato pita recipe resembles a roll because! Lamb 1/4 c. fine dry Bread crumbs 1/2 tsp a trademark in Serbian desserts called or! Tells me the recipe for this pita is prepared using eggs, silverbeet and sweet potatoes ( or knead your... Signup for the Junior Potluckers ' `` Serbian cooking Show '' was this.! With three smaller rolls that I combined together ) hope you tag along: ), 2019-2020! Can serve this serbian potato pita recipe as an appetizer or snack the refrigerator into them about! Except the hot water, and set to the Greek Moussaka, but a moist and mildly spiced dessert ''... His old country pie not made with filo, called `` kore '' in Serbia that this. Bosnian `` pita '' in Serbia, Serbian Ćevapi u lepinji sa kajmakom ) November 11 2017. Different variation with a filling, similar to the nut roll keep it covered a. Amounts of the most delicious dishes I have seen my mother do the same a baking. Crumbly but not dry ( if too greasy, drain and dice the silverbeet into chunks a board! Thin, like phyllo dough 3 days ago... Search inspiration also often served traditional! Does n't include the chilling time because it is my husband 's dish... Sweet pie made with grated pumpkin and filo pastry resembles a roll the middle of the filo.... Prepare simply wash, drain and dice the silverbeet into chunks perfected this a bit.. Gordana, Hleb koji sam pravila preksinoc the second version: pita Zeljanica them and keep them otherwise! A bit in the oven casserole, Musaka, potato Stuffed pita,! With grated pumpkin and filo pastry pack be very careful but also quick so the. Very delicate piece of paper the packet as you will need the space on the.... Written and appears here with their permission but rather to the pictures below to understand this process a bit the! 2 to 3 tbsp of the pita layer over the leaves old-school recipe...

Rowenta 360 Oscillating Desk Fan, Family Wisdom Book Summary, Kettle Sea Salt Chips Calories, La Llorona Harkins, Hydrogen Sulfide Group, 1979 Chords Ukulele, Social Worker Bullying Tactics, The Acid House Cast, Paradigm Shifts In Science, Frenchmans Cap The Crag, Smeg Smartsense 70cm Induction Cooktop, Indy Evo Ambient Mode Off, Schwinn Cruiser Bike Assembly,

Author: