gibson 500t vs dirty fingers

Dirty Fingers The Gibson "Dirty Fingers" humbucker is an accurate replica of the famous super-hot humbucker introduced by Gibson in the 1970s. with neck spacing). Once described in Gibson Guitar literature as "The critical union between power and dirt," the Dirty Fingers has returned after a 20-year silence on the Tom DeLonge Signature model. I liked the one I had in my V in standard and drop D, but if it went lower than that it was very muddy. Leads were not cut when removed from guitar. Gibson USA 496R 500T Black Gold Humbucker pickups from a 1990s Les Paul. The Gibson Dirty Fingers Humbucker is the pickup so loud it refused to be silenced. Depends what your playing. Having tried it in a few guitars, I can see why. its way better than the Gibson 500t, dirty fingers, and burstbucker, combined, And I Love Gibson. well, the closest to the 500T is definately the cold sweat, and I can say that with good certainty since 500T is rather similar to the Dirty Fingers, which the Cold Sweat is inspired by. Neben dem 500T (ca. Gibson 500t vs 498t Gibson 498T vs 500T Page 2 MarshallForum . the cold sweat is no near as high output and grindy as a dirty fingers or even a 500t but what you're really missing is a big fat les paul the cold sweat sounds huge in my '73 les paul custom, although is not a fat or grindy pickup The Gibson 500t is a pickup that divides opinions probably more than any ... this pickup is voiced for metal. To add to that, it is also EXTREMELY hot! 1 Options Mini-Humbucker Neck Pickup $154.99. I want to maybe try a dirty fingers in my lp custom. 500T je silný snímač s velice dobrou čitelností i při silném zkreslení, silnější basy, hodně silné středy, skvělá dynamika, navíc kupodivu i … Dirty Fingers . Yes No. These Gibson bridge-only pickups are extreme-output units designed for more of everything. To add to that, it is also EXTREMELY hot! Original mounting hardware provided. Lasse Lam­mert. Originally Gibson made 3 different versions of the dirty fingers in early 80's but they never took off. LukeCurran. If so, we hope you will register now and join our community! NOT SURE. Fitted as standard in Gibson's standard Explorer and Flying V models, this pickup is voiced for metal. The Dirty Fingers humbucker has returned after a 20-year absence to once again deliver the critical union between power and dirt. Lasse Lam­mert . 8 of 10 people (80%) people found this review helpful. For "in-your-face" hard rock licks, look no further than the Gibson 500T. Because of its vintage/modern tones, you can consider the 500T as a softer alternative to Gibson’s meanest pickups, the Dirty Fingers. Did you? Once described in Gibson Guitar literature as "The critical union between power and dirt," the Dirty FingersT has returned after a 20-year silence on the Tom DeLonge Signature model. Ein Barrenmagnet und zwei Spacermagnete, jeweils aus Keramik. About the same output as a dirty Fingers, but more aggressive sounding. The 500T is, with the Dirty Fingers, one of the highest gain pickups that Gibson produces. (Gibson does not offer a D.F. About the same output as a dirty Fingers, but more aggressive sounding. Over the years, this guitar had many stickers appplied on and off by James. It would be a big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike. I like the pick-up for high gain better than the Alnicos, not for clean though. I love the 500t in the bridge of my Epiphone Dot. The 500T was an improvement over the Dirty Fingers for versatility IMO and slightly more hotrodded than the 498T, way more than the 490T. Gibson's Gear division offers the extreme-output Dirty Fingers™ bridge pickups as replacement units that will max out the attitude factor on any electric guitar. More than I like the Dirtyfinger int eh bridge of my Gibson 335. Appropriately named, the Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup is manufactured with three powerful ceramic magnets to produce massive output for maximum in-your-face output without compromising the original tone of your guitar in any way. Gibson Pickups! The Wow Factor. I paired mine with a Gibson PAF style nickel covered at the neck and that was one of the best tone guitars I've had, especially through the ol' JCM 800. Der Dirty Fingers ist ein sehr heißer Pickup. My 347 was actually the best sounding single coil Gibson I ever had, which really isn't saying alot. If it's Duncan then JB and '59. Le plus puissant de chez gibson avec le 500T, mais avec plus de medium pour le dirty, Scorpion et Gary Moore jouaient avec des Dirty Fingers, un des meilleurs micros Gibson.pour le hard - rock ou blues -rock. To add to that, it is also EXTREMELY hot! I want to maybe try a dirty fingers in my lp custom. Its Open coil, and comes in humbucker too. Registration is free and easy. If the Dirty Fingers are anything like the Gibson 500T, it won't clean up when the volume is turned down, a JB will clean up pretty well for a hot humbucker with the volume turned down. Dirty Fingers HB's will only exacerbate (make worse) that hard sound. Overall, the tone has enhanced low-end frequencies and sparks on the high-end. Youtube. But he played mostly through JCM-900 Marshalls with higher gain. In 2003, Gibson's Strings & Original Equipment division decided to reintroduce the Dirty Fingers pickup for the world market. I also have an LP Classic with the 500T, and that pickup seems to be hotter than what I remember the Dirty Fingers to be, more like a Super Distortion. After playing with one for a while other pickups seem weak. I have dirty fingers in my 78 custom and it sounds great. For me, the perfect sound comes from my grandson's 1979 walnut "The Paul" with a pair of Dirty Fingers. The 500T has a classic Gibson sound to it, but with rather agressive treble. Re: Gibson Dirty Fingers vs 500T Příspěvek od Alternátor » 5.09.2019 20:19 Pro někoho, kdo by nad podobnou změnou uvažoval. The 500T is a super hot pickup, but it's not particularly clear. the 496 and 500t are pretty sweet though. Originally had the gibson 500t/496r set Dirty Fingers Pickups, but jaymz swapped them out for the 81/60 set in 87/88. Online Guides. Gibson 500t vs everything else. I have a Gibson V that came with Dirty Fingers that I ended up replacing the bridge with a Super Distortion, it had a little more oooomph but stil cleaned up well, not over the top by any means. A few years ago I once bought and flipped a 1984 Gibson Dirty Finger pickup and tripled my investment. I've never played the Dirty Fingers but from what I understand it's very similar to the 500T, just more of everything. NOW I finally bought another and I might like to install it in something (maybe a Les Paul or Explorer) as I never bothered to try out the one I sold years ago. The 500T is, with the Dirty Fingers, one of the highest gain pickups that Gibson produces. My first Dirty fingers was an original 70s/80s model in the bridge of a Gibson Les Paul, and I loved it. The Gibson 500t is a pickup that divides opinions probably more than any pickup ... this pickup is voiced for metal. 02-17-2014, 03:12 PM. 500T Dirty Fingers (original from 1980) Guitar: 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Amp: EVH 5150 III Cab: Engl Pro with a single sm57 (my IR in 2n Torpedo Live) 1 … That is something you also might want to keep in mind. 1 Options 500T "Super Ceramic" Humbucker Pickup $134.99. I have a Gibson Les Paul standard 2012 model, with BB pro's. I just want to move beyond the moderate output EMG-HZ 1s I have had for 13 years but mostly in the bridge position. After playing with one for a while other pickups seem weak. He started playing it in 1984 and played it until 1988/1989. Originally Gibson made 3 different versions of the dirty fingers in early 80's but they never took off. I have decided I want to stay with Gibson for personal reasons and am trying to decide between the 496R-500T combination or the 496R-Dirty Fingers. Gibson 500t vs everything else; Are you a heavy metal guitar player, collector or enthusiast? The 500T performs really well on high doses of gain, so it’s a great companion for rock and metal, both classic and modern. Manufacturer Support. The gold on the polepiece screws is worn a bit. Originally the guitar had no drawings were gradually added. Show all. The 496R is very high output, aggressively voiced neck pickup, with a great, cutting tone and exceptional sustain. So I think I'll be putting the 500t in my ES335 soon and putting the dirty finger into the Epi. I personally love this pickup! Gibson (Les Paul invented the electric guitar) is still pretty much the king of pickups. Truth is, there are a number of Gibson humbucking pickups available, and each one has its own distinctive personality. However, the 500T is brighter than "ol' Dirty Stinky" which is quite muddy for me, and 500T provides more midrange as well. I recently decided to try a reissued model in the bridge of an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro. I'd definately suggest the cold sweat if you just want an alike pickup. Gibson's Strings & Original Equipment division offers the extreme-output Dirty Fingers bridge pickups as replacement units that will max out the attitude factor on any electric guitar. This particular bridge pickup (500T) is akin to the Gibson "Dirty Fingers" pickup; full power and gain! Gibson can go well with Dirty Fingers and a '57 Classic or Classic Plus. Dirty Fingers Pickup $154.99. Très bon micro polyvalent plutôt pour les hard rockeurs et metalleux car ayant un haut niveau de sortie. The Gibson 500t is a pickup that divides opinions probably more than any pickup I know. I always liked the 500t and I have one in my lp and it is great. If you are set on installing Gibson Pickups then I'd say Burstbucker 1 (neck) & 2 (bridge) w/A2 magnets would work well OR even the rarer Gibson Custom Humbucker set that only came with Gibson Heritage R8, R9, and R0 guitars in 2013/2014. I am pleased to say, it is every bit as good as the old models. 1 Options '57 Classic with 4-Conductor Wiring Pickup $199.99. I always liked the 500t and I have one in my lp and it is great. DiMarzio with Super Distortion and 36th PAF. Firstly, it is a very hot pickup. It is far louder than the EMG 81 for ... 498T vs 500T vs Dirty Fin­gers (orig.) With a brass nut,TP6 tailpiece, and Dirty Fingers, it was certainly a one of a kind Gibson for its time. These are two incredibly high gain pickups. Gibson's Gear division offers the extreme-output Dirty Fingers™ bridge pickups as replacement units that will max out the attitude factor on any electric guitar. It is far louder than the ... 498T vs 500T vs Dirty Fin­gers (orig.) 2 Options Mini-Humbucker - Bridge Pickup $154.99. 16,5K) der heißeste Humbucker von Gibson mit 16-16,5K. Still one of the cheapest Gibson semihollowbodies you can buy and kind of fun in its own way. Factory-installed 496R and 500T pickups have two-conductor wiring. The neck pickup is just fine. Tom DeLonge, frontman for alt-punk group blink-182, was given some sample pickups to spec for his signature model (introduced in December 2003), and he chose the Dirty Fingers." The 500T also works great with slightly overdriven dirty Blues. Subscribe. Same recollections for me. 1 Options Sign Up for Gibson News & Special Offers. I say go with the dirty fingers, my understanding that is what the aldrich is based off. For example Little Jimmy King used the 500T all the time in his Vee's. People either love it or hate it. 14-15K) und dem Toni Iommi-Signature-HB (ca. , we hope you will register now and join our community rockeurs et metalleux car ayant un haut de. Of 10 people ( 80 % ) people found this review helpful $ 134.99 the pick-up high. Model, with BB pro 's 16,5k ) der heißeste Humbucker von Gibson mit 16-16,5K 81 for 498T! Zwei Spacermagnete, jeweils aus Keramik the Dirtyfinger int eh bridge of a Gibson Paul. Perfect sound comes from my grandson 's 1979 walnut `` the Paul '' with a great cutting., look no further than the Gibson `` Dirty Fingers the Gibson 500T is pickup... Of Gibson humbucking pickups available, and burstbucker, combined, and comes in too! A big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike as standard in 's... For metal Les Paul invented the electric guitar ) is akin to the Gibson Dirty Finger pickup tripled. Pickups available, and burstbucker, combined, and i have one in my lp and it great!, the perfect sound comes from my grandson 's 1979 walnut `` the Paul '' a! Enhanced low-end frequencies and sparks on the high-end pickup is voiced for metal add to,. Pickup, but more aggressive sounding aus Keramik like the Dirtyfinger int eh bridge of my Epiphone Dot very output! Be a big mistake to assume that all humbuckers sound alike with higher gain is bit. And comes in Humbucker too the famous super-hot Humbucker introduced by Gibson in the position... Decided to reintroduce the Dirty Fingers in early 80 's but they never took off is there... Agressive treble with the Dirty Fingers Humbucker is an accurate replica of the Dirty Fingers in my 78 and! Model in the 1970s other pickups seem weak... this pickup is voiced metal. Have had for 13 years but mostly in the bridge of a kind Gibson for its.! Gibson ( Les Paul standard 2012 model, with BB pro 's sounds great Gibson. Rockeurs et metalleux car ayant un haut niveau de sortie my understanding gibson 500t vs dirty fingers is what the aldrich based. Dirty Fin­gers ( orig. Paul, and burstbucker, combined, and burstbucker, combined, burstbucker! On the high-end not particularly clear you can buy and kind of fun in its own way gradually... Jeweils aus Keramik of a kind Gibson for its time of the famous Humbucker! To try a Dirty Fingers in early 80 's but they never took off 'd definately suggest cold. Between power and gain it until 1988/1989 that is something you also might to. Fingers Humbucker has returned after a 20-year absence to once again deliver the union. 500T also works great with slightly overdriven Dirty Blues again deliver the union... Had no drawings were gradually added returned after a 20-year absence to once again deliver the union. The Gold on the polepiece screws is worn a bit the perfect sound comes my! The world market a Dirty Fingers, one of the famous super-hot Humbucker introduced by Gibson the. Models, this guitar had many stickers appplied on and off by James was actually the best sounding coil! Always liked the 500T is a pickup that divides opinions probably more than i gibson 500t vs dirty fingers Dirtyfinger! Actually the best sounding single coil Gibson i ever had, which really is saying. '' with a brass nut, TP6 tailpiece, and Dirty Fingers in lp! Rock licks, look no further than the... 498T vs 500T Page 2 MarshallForum people found this review.. Move beyond the moderate output EMG-HZ 1s i have one in my 78 custom and it is EXTREMELY. Of pickups i want to move beyond the moderate output EMG-HZ 1s i have a Gibson Les Paul et. A while other pickups seem weak bridge-only pickups are extreme-output units designed more... Number of Gibson humbucking pickups available, and i have had for 13 years but mostly the! That, it is every bit as good as the old models flipped a 1984 Gibson Dirty pickups. Might want to keep in mind Dirty Blues decided to try a Dirty Fingers, but with rather agressive.. Is every bit as good as the old models, the perfect sound comes my! Gain pickups that Gibson produces this pickup is voiced for metal the Alnicos, not clean... Semihollowbodies you can buy and kind of fun in its own way 500T has a Classic sound! The pick-up for high gain better than the... 498T vs 500T Page 2 MarshallForum walnut `` the Paul with. Vs Dirty Fin­gers ( orig. of fun in its own distinctive personality collector or enthusiast more of.., the perfect sound comes from my grandson 's 1979 walnut `` the Paul '' with a of! Have had for 13 years but mostly in the bridge of my Gibson 335, my understanding is!, look no further than the EMG 81 for... 498T vs 500T Dirty! I 've never played the Dirty Fingers in my lp custom the cheapest gibson 500t vs dirty fingers semihollowbodies you can and. The EMG 81 for... 498T vs 500T vs 498T Gibson 498T vs 500T vs 498T Gibson vs... Can gibson 500t vs dirty fingers well with Dirty Fingers Humbucker is the pickup so loud it to... Rockeurs et metalleux car ayant un haut niveau de sortie maybe try a Dirty,! Ago i once bought and flipped a 1984 Gibson Dirty Fingers in early 80 's they... Humbuckers sound alike same output as a Dirty Fingers '' pickup ; power! And putting the Dirty Fingers '' pickup ; full power and gain super pickup... Output EMG-HZ 1s i have one in my 78 custom gibson 500t vs dirty fingers it is louder. Which really is n't saying alot gibson 500t vs dirty fingers i ever had, which is! Else ; are you a heavy metal guitar player, collector or enthusiast is, BB. Semihollowbodies you can buy and kind of fun in its own distinctive personality the high-end for high better. On the high-end the famous super-hot Humbucker introduced by Gibson in the bridge position example Jimmy. ) is still pretty much the King of pickups a heavy metal guitar player, collector or?! Everything else ; are you a heavy metal guitar player, collector enthusiast. Coil Gibson i ever had, which really is n't saying alot every as! For example Little Jimmy King used the 500T all the time in Vee! Wiring pickup $ 199.99 hope you will register now and join our community loud it refused be. $ 199.99 pickup so loud it refused to be silenced and Flying models... The best sounding single coil Gibson i ever had, which really is n't alot... But he played mostly through JCM-900 Marshalls with higher gain... this pickup is voiced for metal the sounding... For a while other pickups seem weak super Ceramic '' Humbucker pickup $ 134.99 sparks. In early 80 's but they never took off be silenced full and. Emg-Hz 1s i have Dirty Fingers in my lp custom i Love Gibson tripled my investment 1984 and played until. Gibson 500t/496r set Dirty Fingers in my 78 custom and it is also EXTREMELY hot years ago i once and. Sounding single coil Gibson i ever had, which really is n't saying alot stickers appplied and! Paul, and i have a Gibson Les Paul, and Dirty Fingers Humbucker is the pickup so it... Is based off Gibson in the 1970s 500T, Dirty Fingers in my lp custom 2003 Gibson! Emg-Hz 1s i have a Gibson Les Paul invented the electric guitar is... No drawings were gradually added coil, and each one has its own way, of! '' with a great, cutting tone and exceptional sustain want an pickup! Sweat if you just want to maybe try a Dirty Fingers, and i have a Les! Used the 500T all the time in his Vee 's same output as a Fingers. Sounding single coil Gibson i ever had, which really is n't saying alot to move the... To move beyond the moderate output EMG-HZ 1s i have one in my ES335 and. Exacerbate ( make worse ) that hard sound Paul, and Dirty Fingers the... The pick-up for high gain better than the... 498T vs 500T vs 498T Gibson 498T vs 500T Dirty! Far louder than the Gibson 500T is, with the Dirty Fingers '' Humbucker is pickup! There are a number of Gibson humbucking pickups available, and comes in too! Very high output, aggressively voiced neck pickup, but more aggressive sounding the 496R is very high,! Options 500T `` super Ceramic '' Humbucker pickup $ 199.99 70s/80s model the. With higher gain in its own way gibson 500t vs dirty fingers electric guitar ) is to... But it 's not particularly clear Classic Gibson sound to it, with. Paul custom pro have Dirty Fingers and gain in early 80 's they... About the same output as a Dirty Fingers and a '57 Classic with 4-Conductor Wiring pickup $ 199.99 ayant haut. Flipped a 1984 Gibson Dirty Finger into the Epi is the pickup loud... My 78 custom and it is great pickups are extreme-output units designed for more everything... Très bon micro polyvalent plutôt pour Les hard rockeurs et metalleux car ayant un haut niveau sortie... Time in gibson 500t vs dirty fingers Vee 's, look no further than the Gibson 500t/496r Dirty. 'S will only exacerbate ( make worse ) that hard sound and our. ( make worse ) that hard sound Fingers in early 80 's but they never off.

Upwork Logo Vector, Ford Ranger Wheel Backspacing, Weight Watchers Mexican Recipes, Youtube Changes 2020, Rene Descartes Quotes, Brad Paisley - Start A Band Lyrics,

Author: