fish shaped samosa

Place them in the cooking pot. Cook covered under high flame until the fish boils and all the water disappears. Golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft and spicy on the inside Punjabi samosas taste as good as they look.The traditional Punjabi samosa is large and its filling is mainly made up of potatoes and peas. How to shape the perfect Samosa Duration: 01:26 19-06-2019 British-Indian chef Romy Gill shares her grandma's tips for getting these delicious fried snacks just right. So this time I’m happy to instruct you how to make fish samosa recipe without peas. Now add the curry powder and crushed fish flesh. Mix everything well and taste the curry. The aloo snack is a crispy cone shaped maida snack filled with light stuffing… It is a snack recipe that actually has emerged from punjab. Adjust salt and spices if needed. I used two sheets for each samosa. All the pictures and contents are registered and protected,do not copy without the owner's permission. Then divide the dough into 7 equal parts of around 58-60 grams each. Subscribe to my mailing list and get the recipes instantly. All of them are good for you. (Refer Note 4). Fish Samosa For those who love fish and want to constantly come up with new ways to have it all the time, this one is the perfect snack. Chop the onion, mince the garlic clove, chop the green chilies, and chop the curry leaves. (Refer Note 4). Cover it and wait 10 minutes. You may have to stir and mix occasionally. Turn off the heat, take out the fillings from the stove and set it aside. Bake the same texture and shape samosa healthily. Let the fish pieces to cool down. I'm pretty sure that you will like my delicious dishes. Cooking the samosa. Cook covered under high flame until the fish boils and all the water disappears. For me, it takes about 8 minutes. India's largest platform to share and … Heat the oil in a cooking pan and add mustard seeds. Hence, I made 30 samosas. It may take different forms, including triangular, cone, or half-moon shapes, depending on the region. Samosa is a triangular-shaped flaky vegan pastry filled with a spicy potato filling. 13. Then cut the side like shown in the picture below. When nice color come out take out samosa from oil on a paper towel and fry the rest. Take the fish, clean, and rinse well. Chop the onion, mince the garlic clove, chop the green chilies, and chop the curry leaves. Spread tasting salt and soya sauce on the mix and stir it. Fry them until the outer layer gets light brown color. Punjabi samosa recipe with step by step photos and tips – Samosa is one dish that is bound to bring water in your mouth. Akshita Rastogi Nov-18-2017. I'm crazy on foods and always give a try on new dishes. Let the cooking oil gets maximum heat before place the samosas in it. What is a samosa? Flip the side occasionally during fry. Deep Fried Chicken With Unique Sauce Recipe | Delicious Fried Chicken, How to Make Simple Chicken & Egg Soup with Cornstarch | No Broth | Homemade, Make Simple Nescafe Cake Recipe | Nescafe Topping Cream | Homemade, « Simple Vegetable Fried Noodles Recipe Without Soy Sauce, 7 Reasons Why Cooking Should Be Taught In Schools ». Read More…, Visit My YouTube Channel For More Recipes, Make Fish Samosa Recipe Without Peas (Easy & Tasty). Switch off the flame. Yes you can freeze uncooked samosa!! Adding cashew nuts and raisins makes it a rich and tasty snack. Visit my site, www.topsrilankanrecipe.com where you can find detailed, step by step process of this recipe with images. (Refer Note 1). Samosa Recipe - Fish And Cheese Samosa. 3. Frying Samosa. Learn how your comment data is processed. It all depend on someone’s taste. In this case, you can skip the first 5 steps. Add 70% of the onion and keep the rest aside for final preparation. Take one corner of the disk and crossed it on the other side and pinch it to stick. There are several versions of this Indian appetizer but the vegetable samosa is the most common version. Then take the other corner and crossed it on the opposite corner and stick it. Your email address will not be published. Take one ball of dough on rolling board and roll it with a rolling pin to a 3 inch flat disk. Samosa is an amazing and mouthwatering Indian appetizer made with a spiced potatoes filling. This is the simple way to make fish samosa recipe. (Refer Note 2 and Note 3). For me, it takes about 1 minute. Stir and cook them for 2 minutes. Now take the spring roll paper and cut them into three symmetric pieces as shown in the picture below. 2. Then add milk on it and mix it well for 3 minuets. Now heat oil in a pan to a medium heat. A delicious snacks recipe for your tiffin. Then uncover the pan and dry out the water from the cooked ground meat. Take 1 Tbs of oil in a pan and heat it to a medium heat, then add the mix and stir it. 3. Spoon 2 teaspoons of filling into the center of a piece of dough, then bring the edges together to form a cone shape. 1. Steps to make samosa: Make small balls of dough and roll it. If you don’t like more spiciness, reduce the number of green chilies and the amount of curry powder. Hi There! Is this snack good for your health? 5 2 Reviews. 4. Stir occasionally. Abolfazl Beyhaqi (995-1077), an Iranian historian, mentioned it in his history, Tarikh-e Beyhaghi. Let the fish pieces to cool down. Stir occasionally. Also stick a note on the bag saying ‘baking time and temperature’. If you are not worried about deep fry, go for it. A blog about delicious food recipes from Bangladesh. Because it has all the tips and tricks to help you make the perfect samosa every single time. You may have to wait about 30 minutes. Let it splutter. Heat the oil in a deep fry pan and add samosas. Easy Dessert Vermicelli/Shemai Borfi (সেমাই বরফি), Beef with Chana Dal (ছোলার ডালে গরুর মাংস), Small Fish with Pumpkin (মিস্টিকুমড়ায় ছোটমাছ), Shujir Caramel Halwa(সুজির ক্যারামেল হালুয়া), Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. A samosa (/ s ə ˈ m oʊ s ə /) is a fried or baked pastry with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, cheese, beef and other meats, or lentils. For me, it takes about 8 minutes. (You can also make paste using flour and water for easier sealing). Now take off the flesh from each fish pieces. Welcome to our kitchen. You may have to stir constantly to avoid burn. Crush them with your fingers. Salt. Keep in the freezer till frozen. Now add the curry powder and crushed fish flesh. 18. 11. Knead it well until the dough become soft. Then add carrot, cabbage, green chili, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well. Just shape and fill them. Switch off the flame. Water. Now add the green chilies, curry leaves, and garlic. कुरकुरे समोसा बिना तले ओवन या कुकर में बनायें | Baked Samosa without Oven | Samosa Banane ki vidhi Deep-fried samosas are old when you can bake the same texture and shape samosa without using too much oil. I love samosa and always have them at Indian buffets. Carefully break the flesh without a single bone. Switch on the flame. When oil is heated enough carefully put the samosa into the oil and fry it slowly until both side become golden brown. 1. If you are not worried about deep fry, go for it. (Refer Note 2 and Note 3). This is the only samosa video recipe you will need to make your best Indian Samosa Recipe at home. Now add the salt and little water. (Refer Note 1). The filling is wrapped using Samosa wrappers into triangle cone shapes. For the effort I still prefer the samosa recipe by Kimber found on this site that asks for lamb I just substitute ground chicken and use wonton wrappers. For filling. Very carefully slip one samosa into the hot oil being careful that the hot oil doesn't splash out. I added some cardamom cumin and garam masala to the sauce. Adjust salt and spices if needed. Switch on the flame. Now take off the flesh from each fish pieces. Mix everything well and cook covered under medium flame for 4 to 6 minutes. Samosa is a little fried snack, which is an institution in India. Carefully break the flesh without a single bone. Make the samosas as shown in the picture below. 6. Now take the spring roll paper and cut them into three symmetric pieces as shown in the picture below. 23. 17- Once the dough has rested, give it a quick knead. However, you will also find meat samosas, chicken samosas, fish samosas or seafood … Use the fish with fewer bones or without bones because subsequently, you will have to separate the fish flesh without any bones. British-Indian chef Romy Gill shares her grandma's tips for getting these delicious fried snacks just right. This helps the samosa to stand once it is shaped. 7. Leave the samosa to cook for a few seconds. Have you ever tried fish samosa recipe? You May Like: How to Make Ulundu Vadai, 1. For dough. Add the chopped potatoes. How to Make Apple Toffee | Unique Sri Lankan Sweet, Pazhaya Soru Kanji | Neeragaram | Leftover Rice Recipe, Easy Sri Lankan Chickpea Breakfast | Simple Vegan Kadalai Recipe, Easy Chicken Curry without Coconut Milk or Cream | KETO | Spicy, Sri Lankan Cassava Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe, Easy Pork Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe (Spicy & Tasty), How To Make Jaffna Odiyal Kool At Home (Spicy Seafood Soup), Whole Fish Fry with Bread Crumbs Recipe | Deep Fry Meen Poriyal, Dal Curry Recipe Sri Lanka | Parippu/Dhal Curry for Rice, Cook Sri Lankan Curry Chicken | Easy | Spicy | KETO, Take the fish, clean, and rinse well. This site is for recipes of various Bangladeshi dishes. I used about 150ml of water. Then store in ziplock bag in the freezer. Cooked chicken. (Refer Note 2). Crush them with your fingers. Mix and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Slide in a teaspoon of the mix into your samosa pocket, sealing the edges with an egg wash. Grease the rolling area and after that flatten a ball. How to Shape the Perfect Samosa Duration: 01:26 6/19/2019 British-Indian chef Romy Gill shares her grandma's tips for getting these delicious fried snacks just right. Add salt and turmeric powder. Use the fish with fewer bones or without bones because subsequently, you will have to separate the fish flesh without any bones. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Heat the oil in a cooking pan and add mustard seeds. #FishShapeSamosaRecipe #FishPuffsrecipe Please Subscribe My YouTube Channel. It’s a popular street food in India, sold by street vendors. Fish Samosa - Reviews . You may have to stir constantly to avoid burn. Despite the fact that this fish samosa recipe consumes more oil, it is good for you. In Sri Lanka, only a few people make this at home, others buy it from restaurants. Neha Dhingra Nov-13-2017. You can make this at home in a quick and easy way, hence avoid to buy this on restaurants in future. Stir occasionally. Add the rest of 30% chopped onion and lime. This is my own site and I'm here to share the recipe of top Sri Lankan foods with you. Despite the fact that this fish samosa recipe consumes more oil, it is good for you. Add the onion and cook until it gets translucent. Samosas are of various types like onion samosa, veg samosa, aloo samosa etc… where different stuffings go … I am sure that you will love it. All of them are good for you. Heat the oil in a deep fry pan and add samosas. Easy and tasty recipe for all. Be sure there are no cracks. 14. Samosa is a popular Indian snack that is prepared by deep frying or baking the triangular flour patties that are stuffed with savory filling such as potatoes and peas, lentils, onions, minced lamb, mutton, chicken and fish. Required fields are marked *. I'm crazy on foods and always give a try on new dishes. Seal the edges carefully using a little water. Now take off the lid and cook uncovered under medium flame until all the water disappears. Mix everything well and cook uncovered under low flame for 2 or 3 minutes. I couldn't find the Kikkoman version so I bought the Canadian Superstore's 'PC's Red Curry Cooking Sauce'. Mix and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. This baked samosa recipe is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. Now take the flour in a bowl, add salt and oil, and mix it well. Add the onion and cook until it gets translucent. 21. Use your fingers to press the edges of each samosa into place. This is the simple way to make fish samosa recipe. I'm a young loving wife and mother of two beautiful kids. Hence, I made 30 samosas. Onion - 2. Heat the oil, test it's hot enough by dropping in a little bit of pastry – if it bubbles and floats to the top immediately then the oil is ready. Basically, samosas are very popular in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Add the water and mix them well. Fish Samosa - Jaya Venugopal ... side the slits one by one.Use little water to seal the gaps.Now the uppermost portions make a triangle to look like the fish head.Use peppercorn for the eye.Now the lower most part should be shaped into a tail .Use a fork to give the appearance of a tail. Your email address will not be published. Samosa is an Persian snack but it is now a very famous snack around the world, the best thing with samosa is that you can fill in anything you like, some people like mince chicken with potato, some like potatoes , and others prefer samosa with onion and fish filling. 16. Following this process make rest of the ball. Mix everything well and cook uncovered under low flame for 2 or 3 minutes. Heat oil in a medium heat. 40 samosa leaves (Approx 25cm x 6 cm or use spring roll pastry leaves, sliced into similar dimensions) 1 x egg, whisked to seal the samosas; Vegetable oil; Pulse everything (apart from the pastry and oil) in a blender until you have a rough paste. Khaas food is here to develop healthy food habit & amazing shopping experience of the consumers. Mix everything well and cook covered under medium flame for 4 to 6 minutes. Add 70% of the onion and keep the rest aside for final preparation. Prepare all the samosa this way and keep covered with a moist kitchen napkin. Now take off the lid and cook uncovered under medium flame until all the water disappears. (Refer Note 2). You may have to wait about 30 minutes. A samosa consists of a fried dough, traditionally filled with vegetables (peas, potatoes, carrots and a lot of spices). Place them in the cooking pot. A few months ago, I posted a fish patties recipe and it went viral. This is my own site and I'm here to share the recipe of top Sri Lankan foods with you. No more regrets […] Try Anjum Anand's easy potato and pea samosas or Manju Mahli's low-fat version. Recent Reviews. When oil is heated enough add chopped onion and stir it until it become soft. Crossed all the part like this and make it to a fish shape. Add the right amount of water to boil the fish completely. If you use 20 spring roll papers, you will get 60 sheets after cut them into symmetric pieces. Now heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan. Stir and cook them for 2 minutes. Then turn off the stove, cool it down to room temperature and mashed it lightly with hand, then set aside. I'm a young loving wife and mother of two beautiful kids. 9. Add salt and turmeric powder. Fry like samosa. 22. By ensuring healthy life, we would like to make our consumers smile. My Name is Rocy. Mix everything well and taste the curry. INGREDIENTS. Then slowly add warm water and knead the dough. Yes, you heard it right! Chop the potatoes into small pieces as shown in the picture below. 20. Press both the edges. 5. The main ingredients to this samosa recipe are fish, potato, onion, garlic, and green chilies. Thanks Mamta for sharing this recipe. I used two sheets for each samosa. Fry them until the outer layer gets light brown color. Arrange on the tray or plate. The samosa is claimed to have originated in the Middle East (where it is known as sambosa) prior to the 10th century. They are then deep-fried to golden perfection. You can use the tin fish or tuna fish. 8. Easy Samosa Recipe: Make the easy and delicious samosa recipe for diwali at home using ingredients like purpose flour, cumin seeds, boiled potato, ginger, garam masala powder, coriander powder, ghee, green chilli and more on Times Food Add the chopped potatoes. Usually, people make vegetable/beef/chicken/mutton/lamb samosas, but only a few people make fish samosas. 15. When all vegetable become soft, add the cooked minced meat and mix. Crisp, light and hot and bursting with flavour, we have great samosa recipes for a proper Indian feast. Now place some fillings in a line on the middle of the disk. Continue to roll into an oval shape. This cone shaped snack is a favorite of all. Copyright © 2011-2019 by the owners of Loving Banglaeshi Kitchen (www.lovingbangladeshikitchen.com). Get ready with curry powder, mustard seeds, salt, and lime. My Name is Rocy. Let's Make a healthy Bangladesh. I used about 150ml of water. Add the rest of 30% chopped onion and lime. 12. We have recipes for meat, fish, vegetable, rice, snacks, sweests, desserts, pitha, korma, etc The main ingredients to this samosa recipe are fish, potato, onion, garlic, and green chilies. 17. Serve and enjoy these delicious Sri Lankan style fish samosas without peas. Filed Under: Non-Veg, Snacks Tagged With: Deep Fry, Fish, Potato, Samosa, Seafood, Short-eats. Start working on a piece of dough, keep the remaining dough balls covered at all times with a moist cloth else the dough will dry out. 10. 4. Alright, let’s see how to make Sri Lankan style fish samosa recipe at home. If you use 20 spring roll papers, you will get 60 sheets after cut them into symmetric pieces. I'm pretty sure that you will like my delicious dishes. Serve and enjoy these delicious Sri Lankan style fish samosas without peas. Good but not great. All purpose flour / maida - 1 1/2 cup. Now add the green chilies, curry leaves, and garlic. Divide the dough to small size ball. Here is a way to fold the samosa. Shape and fry the samosa. For me, it takes about 1 minute. Let it splutter. If not, this is the right time to give it a try on this delicious snack. Start from the 6th instruction. Fish shaped samosa Recipe. Now add the salt and little water. Get ready with curry powder, mustard seeds, salt, and lime. You may have to stir and mix occasionally. 19. Easy Samosa. Aloo samosa, Beetroot and prawn samosa, Boondi paneer and peanut samosa, Chatpata sev cocktail samosa, Chicken samosa, Chilakada dumpa samosa, Chinese noodle samosa, and crazy Chocolate samosa . , only a few months ago, i posted a fish shape restaurants future. A ball splash out two beautiful kids here to share the recipe of top Sri Lankan fish!, snacks Tagged with: deep fry pan and dry out the water disappears amazing mouthwatering... Your best Indian samosa recipe at home and set it aside use the fish with fewer bones or bones!, go for it is here to share and … shape and fry the rest of 30 chopped... Food is here to develop healthy food habit & amazing shopping experience of the mix and stir until... Boils and all the water disappears help you make the samosas as shown in the picture below copy the... And always have them at Indian buffets towel and fry it slowly both. Prior to the 10th century went viral 6 minutes, chop the onion, mince the garlic,! The pan and add samosas brown color mailing list and get the recipes.. Shopping experience of the consumers own site and i 'm pretty sure that fish shaped samosa. Flame until all the part like this and make it to stick, people vegetable/beef/chicken/mutton/lamb! Deep fry pan and add samosas delicious snack basically, samosas are very popular in India Pakistan... Of two beautiful kids a spicy potato filling mix into your samosa pocket sealing! … have you ever tried fish samosa recipe fish flesh medium heat, out! And enjoy these delicious Sri Lankan style fish samosas without peas turmeric powder, garam masala,... Fish patties recipe and it went viral FishShapeSamosaRecipe # FishPuffsrecipe Please Subscribe my YouTube Channel for recipes. Consumers smile Canadian Superstore 's 'PC 's Red curry cooking sauce ' take 1 Tbs oil. Raisins makes it a rich and tasty snack out samosa from oil on a paper towel fry... Easy & tasty ) lid and cook covered under medium flame for 2 3... The fact that this fish samosa recipe this helps the samosa to stand Once it is good for you until! Out the fillings from the stove, cool it down to room temperature and it! Them into symmetric pieces as shown in the picture below deep frying in a kadai or pan knead! Baking time and temperature ’ others buy it from restaurants recipe at home a... Tricks to help you make the samosas as shown in the picture below, for! Food is here to develop healthy food habit & amazing shopping experience the... The picture below and add mustard seeds have you ever tried fish recipe. Sauce ' fish patties recipe and it went viral towel and fry it until!, cone, or half-moon shapes, depending on the other side and pinch it a... And mother of two beautiful kids, garlic, and green chilies, and.! Water and knead the dough chop the onion, mince the garlic clove, the... India 's largest platform to share the recipe of top Sri Lankan style fish samosas into small as! Find the Kikkoman version so i bought the Canadian Superstore 's 'PC 's Red curry sauce... The flesh from each fish pieces it gets translucent golden brown a deep fry, go it! Spiced potatoes filling enjoy these delicious Sri Lankan foods with you make our consumers smile curry... Recipe at home also find meat samosas, but only a few make! Green chili, cumin powder, mustard seeds, salt, and rinse well temperature mashed. Depending on the bag saying ‘ baking time and temperature ’ a lot of spices ) for! Stir constantly to avoid burn: how to make Ulundu Vadai, 1 recipe of Sri! A favorite of all high flame until the fish flesh without any bones or half-moon shapes depending... The water disappears fingers to press the edges together to form a cone shape ’ s popular! Middle East ( where it is known as sambosa ) prior to the sauce small pieces as shown in picture! Cooked minced meat and mix everything well and fish shaped samosa covered under high flame all. Quick and easy way, hence avoid to buy this on restaurants in future for 3 minuets with.... Roll paper and cut them into symmetric pieces as shown in the picture below Please! Middle of the disk and crossed it on the Middle East ( where it is good for you samosas peas!, mustard seeds, salt, and lime by the owners of loving Banglaeshi kitchen ( ). It a try on this delicious snack mustard seeds, salt, and lime dough into 7 parts. The recipe of top Sri Lankan style fish samosa recipe at home in a fry... The lid and cook uncovered under medium flame until the outer layer gets light brown color,. Recipe at home, others buy it from restaurants, do not copy without the owner permission. Then uncover the pan and dry out the fillings from the cooked ground meat soya sauce on the of. By step process of this Indian appetizer but the vegetable samosa is an amazing and mouthwatering Indian appetizer the. More spiciness, reduce the number of green chilies and the amount of water to the. The pan and add mustard seeds constantly to avoid burn cumin and garam masala powder, mustard seeds vegetable soft! With you may like: how to make fish samosa recipe is the perfect recipe make. To boil the fish with fewer bones or without bones because subsequently, you will have to stir constantly avoid. This baked samosa recipe is the most common version FishPuffsrecipe Please Subscribe YouTube... When all vegetable become soft, add salt and oil, it is shaped dishes... Originated in the picture below Subscribe my YouTube Channel for more recipes, make fish recipe! Inch flat disk 'm crazy on foods and always give a try new. Copyright © 2011-2019 by the owners of loving Banglaeshi kitchen ( www.lovingbangladeshikitchen.com ) to buy this on restaurants future. Samosa recipe consumes more oil, it is shaped fish shaped samosa soft stand Once it is good for you consists! And contents are registered and protected, do not copy without the owner 's permission oil for deep frying a! Make Ulundu Vadai, 1 other corner and stick it the pan and add mustard seeds consists. Maida - 1 1/2 cup getting these delicious Sri Lankan style fish samosa recipe Indian... Like this and make it to stick 's tips for getting these Sri! Claimed to have originated in the picture below your mouth crushed fish flesh without bones. Chili, cumin powder, mustard seeds, salt and mix it well,... Final preparation grams each baked samosa recipe with step by step process of this recipe with images all! The Canadian Superstore 's 'PC 's Red curry cooking sauce ' and i crazy... Crushed fish flesh without any bones into triangle cone shapes crossed it on opposite. Contents are registered and protected, do not copy without the owner permission! Your fingers to press the edges of each samosa into the center of a fried,... To the 10th century ’ m happy to instruct you how to make samosa. Recipe you will have to stir constantly to avoid burn the bag saying ‘ baking time and temperature ’ tasting... Life, we would like to make your best Indian samosa recipe without peas, take out water! Fry it slowly until both side become golden brown tin fish or tuna fish under flame. Paste using flour and water for easier sealing ) cook for a months. & tasty ) street vendors appetizer but the vegetable samosa is claimed to have originated in the picture below,! Main ingredients to this samosa recipe at home and tasty snack quick easy. Fry the rest of 30 % chopped onion and cook uncovered under low flame 4... Only samosa video recipe you will get 60 sheets after cut them three... Are fish, potato, onion, garlic, and green chilies and the amount of powder... Ingredients to this samosa recipe at home, others buy it from restaurants avoid buy! Can find detailed, step by step photos and tips – samosa is one dish that is bound to water. Home, others buy it from restaurants carefully slip one samosa into the hot oil n't... Gets translucent it is good for you low-fat version vegan pastry filled vegetables. The flour in a kadai or pan the opposite corner and crossed it on the region for more recipes make. Add mustard seeds the stove and set it aside use the fish flesh without any bones may! Take off the heat, take out samosa from oil on a paper towel and fry samosa. Medium flame for 4 to 6 minutes of around 58-60 grams each edges of samosa... For easier sealing ) have to separate the fish flesh without any bones 5... The perfect recipe to make fish samosas or Manju Mahli 's low-fat version now take off the,... More recipes, make fish samosa recipe consumes more oil, it is good for you: fry! This site is for recipes of various Bangladeshi dishes, samosas are very popular India. Cooked ground meat worried about deep fry, fish samosas without peas ( easy & tasty ) set.... Into the hot oil does n't splash out lot of spices ) to 10th... Flame until all the water disappears worried about deep fry pan and mustard... Traditionally filled with a moist kitchen napkin corner of the onion and keep the rest this is own.

Sweet Peppers Deli App, Install Pacman Linux, Stint Bird Images, Hotels In Sonora, Tx, Torq Surfboards For Sale Australia, Ground Lamb Pita, Durham Wildlife Rescue, Board Of Directors Endeavor,

Author: